CONGRESSMAN RUBÉN HINOJOSA ANNOUNCES $460,000 GRANT FOR THE CITY OF ALICE AIRPORT
Congressman Rubén Hinojosa (D-TX-15) announced that the City of Alice was awarded a grant by the Federal Aviation Administration through the Texas Department of Transportation in the amount of $460,000 for improvements to the Alice International Airport. The funding will be used for pavement and lighting improvements.
"I was pleased to visit with several leaders from Alice and Jim Wells County who informed me of several projects that are underway in and around Alice that will be bringing in business and creating jobs, including the improvements to their airport," said U.S. Rep. Hinojosa. "This is when federal funding plays a dual role in upgrading areas as well as creating employment opportunities. I congratulate the local officials for their hard work and dedication to their community."
The federal funding will pay for 90% of the estimated project costs and the City of Alice and Jim Wells County is to pay the remaining 10%.